Applications for CV-Series Valves
- Systems requiring centralized control of valves
- Oil & gas core flooding and PVT experiments
- Chemical or refining pilot plant systems
- Process development systems
- High temperature processes or experiments
- Pumps requiring pulse-free flow
Vindum Automated Valves (Constant Volume Valves)
Manufacturer: Vindum Engineering
Model Number: CV-xxx (see Specifications)
Vindum Engineering’s patented CV-Series valves offer a list of features that delivers unsurpassed performance in demanding applications across a wide range of industries. Extreme durability and reliability make them a cost-effective solution for the most exacting laboratory flow-control requirements.
Benefits of Vindum CV Valves
The unique design of the Vindum CV valves offers many benefits compared to standard high pressure and high temperature valves:
- Rapid open/close (~0.1 second) using compressed air
- Very low internal volume and no trapped fluid
- Extreme durability and reliability; easily rebuildable
- Constant-volume design (pulse-free flow)
- Gas-tight seal, able to hold a vacuum
- Remote actuation capability
- Variety of O-ring seal materials available
- Standard 2-way or 3-way models, custom designs available
Features of CV-Series Valves
- Rapid actuation (~0.1 sec) via compressed air (75-100 psi)
- Very low internal volume with no trapped fluid
- Pulse-free open/close (constant-volume design)
- Work with liquids or gases (including CO2)
- Applications to 20,000 psi and 320°F (160°C).
- 2-Way or 3-Way valve models
- Remotely actuated via solenoid pilot valve and compressed air is perfect for centralized control systems
- Hastelloy wetted parts (option) for corrosion resistance
- Wide range of seal materials available (Viton, Teflon, Buna-N, UHMW-PE, EPDM, AFLAS, Chemraz, others)
- Easily serviceable and rebuildable
* Flow coefficient (approximate), US gallons of water per minute with 1 psi pressure drop @ 60F
Valve Seals Selection
The fluid seal in Vindum CV Valves is a standard O-ring design with back up rings. The standard O-ring material in CV valves is Viton, although customers may specify any number of other O-ring materials to suit their applications. Vindum Engineering offers the following seal materials: Viton, Teflon, Buna-N, UHMW-PE, AFLAS, EPDM, and Chemraz.
Determining the best O-ring material for your application can be done with the help of several online resources that list chemical compatibility of many of O-ring materials.
- Parker O-ring Handbook: perhaps the frequently cited reference for O-ring material compatibility https://www.parker.com/literature/ORD%205700%20Parker_O-Ring_Handbook.pdf
- Graco Chemical Compatibility Guide: http://www.graco.com/content/dam/graco/ipd/literature/misc/chemical-compatibility-guide/Graco_ChemCompGuideEN-B.pdf
- Goodyear Chemical Resistance Charts: http://www.hosecon.com/pdf/engineering/common/goodyearchemchart.pdf
Solenoid Pilot Valve Actuators
Manufacturer: Vindum Engineering
Model Number: CV-PV
Compressed air, between 75-100 psi, is used to actuate Vindum CV valves. Control of the compressed air is by a pilot valve, in which an 12V signal actuates a solenoid that directs air to the pneumatic port on the CV valve. One position of the solenoid opens the CV valve; the other closes the valve.
For control of multiple CV valves, Vindum Engineering offers manifold assemblies with 2-to-12 solenoids. The manifold has one air inlet fitting to supply compressed air to each of the mounted solenoids.
When ordering, please specify solenoid voltage (12VDC or 24VDC), manifold size (2-12 solenoids), and application temperature (Ambient or High-Temperature).
Click here to request access to the