Vindum Hastelloy Needle Valves & Fittings
Pressures to 12,000 psi (827 Bar)
Manufacturer: Vindum Engineering
Model Number: MV- (see Components)
Vindum Engineering’s line of Hastelloy needles valves offer safe and reliable flow control to pressure of 12,000 psi (at ambient temperature) and tubing of 1/8” or 1/16” diameter.
The innovative MV-210 and MV-310 (two-stem) valves and MV components all share the small footprint design that simplifies mounting and makes it easy to build compact fluid control systems.
Wetted parts of the valves and components are made of Hastelloy C276, suitable for a wide variety of applications with corrosive fluids.
Vindum MV valves use and O-ring seal (“no packing”) which ensures a durable and consistent fluid seal and the 2-008 O-ring size provides the user with a wide choice of seal materials for different fluids.
Couplings are compatible with Parker Autoclave Engineers 1/8” Speed-Bite™ compression fitting (W125) and BuTech (LPF2/G2 & LPF1/LPF2 ferrules and glands).
Rapid Delivery: most valves and fittings are in-stock. Custom configurations are available within 4 weeks.
Features of Vindum Needle Valves & Fittings
- Hastelloy C276 wetted parts for use to 12,000 psi
- “Four-corners” integrated mounting points for consistent 25mm / 1” grid spacing shared by all MV valves & fittings.
- Several valve models available, including two-stem needle valve.
- Non-rotating V-type stem for on/off service with increased durability.
- AL-Bronze seal keeper provides smooth actuation.
- Bubble-tight valve shutoff for working with gases.
- Standardized tubing connection requires no special tools. Compatible with Autoclave Speed-Bite™ and BuTech ferrule compression systems (1/8” or 1/16” tubing).
- Range of O-ring seal materials available: UHMWPE, Viton, Aflas, Chemraz, Buna-N,, etc.). O-ring seal is common size (2-008) and readily available.
- In-stock for quick delivery & world-wide shipping. Common models of needle valves and fittings are available for quick delivery.
Specifications of Needle Valves and Fittings
Pressure Rating (MAWP): 12,000 psi (827 bar) at Room Temperature
Temperature Rating (standard): 0°F to 320°F (-18°C to 160°C) and to 600°F (316°C) with high-temp seal (eg, Chemraz)
Metallurgy: 316 SS outer body with Hastelloy C276 inner core. All wetted parts are Hastelloy C276.
Valve Stem: Hastelloy C-276, Vee Stem, non-rotating design.
Valve Seal: Metal-to-Metal, suitable for liquids and gases.
Orifice and Flow Coefficient: 0.067” (1.7 mm) orifice and Cv=0.09 (2-way straight pattern)
Connections: compression fittings for 1/8” or 1/16” tubing, compatible with Parker Autoclave Engineers Speed-Bite™ and BuTech. These compression fittings are not recommended for use above 650°F (343°C) or below 0°F (-18°C).
Dimensions: 1.4”x1.4”(LxW) footprint for all valves & fitting bodies. See “Components” tab for more details.
Seal Material Options for Needle Valves
MV needle valves use replaceable O-ring seal (size 2-008), with PEEK and PTFE back-up rings. The most common O-ring materials are listed here:
- Viton (fluorelastomer or FKM): 0°C-200°C, Elastomer. Excellent for oils & most chemicals. Avoid phosphate esters and ketones. This is the O-ring material, unless otherwise requested.
- Buna-N (NBR/Nitrile elastomer): several grades available. Continuous use to about 110°C, but HBNR compounds available to 150°C. Good for petroleum oils & fluids, water. Not recommended for ketones (MEK, acetone), strong acids >10% concentration), and halogenated or nitro hydrocarbons.
- UHMW-PE (ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene – thermoplastic): Self-lubricating (low friction), long-wearing, excellent abrasion & chemical resistance (including petroleum oils, organic alcohols, ketones, and acids). Not recommended for use with highly oxidizing chemicals (eg, bleach) or chlorinated solvents (cause swelling). Maximum operating temperature 82°C.
- AFLAS (TFE/P or FXM elastomer): Excellent chemical resistance to most acids & bases, amines, petroleum oils & fuels, and steam. Good permeation resistance but not as resilient as Viton. Maximum operating temperature 204°C.
- Chemraz/Kalrez (FFKM): Excellent chemical, heat, and explosive decompression resistance. Expensive. Maximum operating temperature 249°C (higher in special formulation).
- Other: Other O-ring materials are available. Please contact Vindum Engineering to discuss.
Click here to request access to the