- Product Details
- Pump Design
- High-Temp Pump
- VPware Software
- Control Options
- User Guide
- Loaner Pump
VP-Series High-Pressure Metering Pumps
Manufacturer: Vindum Engineering, Inc.
Model Number: VP-Series
Vindum VP-Series pumps are dual-piston high-pressure metering pumps that deliver ultra-precise, pulse-free, continuous flow in either constant-pressure or constant-rate modes, at up to 25,000 psi. High-temperature versions allow wetted parts of the pump to be heated to 320°F (160°C). Leading-edge design, compact size, and attractive pricing make these metering pumps perfect for a wide range of applications.
- Pulse-free continuous flow standard (pressure or rate modes)
- Flow rate range: 0.1µL/min—97ml/min (varies by model)
- Extreme pressure capability: 0 – 25,000 psi (varies by model)
- 13 modes: rate or pressure deliver, receive, bi-directional
- Advanced pump-control software included (PC-based)
- Several control/communication options (see Control Options tab)
- Low maintenance design, easy to clean
- Ultra-compact footprint (19”H x 6”W x 9”D)
VP-Series Pump Applications:
- Oil & Gas Coreflood and PVT experiments
- Pilot Plant or Process Development
- Corrosive Fluid Environments (Hastelloy option)
- Pulse-free, ultra-precise fluid metering
- Life sciences – Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals
Categories: High-Accuracy, High-Pressure, Laboratory Metering Pumps
Click on the animations below to see the VP-Series Metering Pump Internal Pump Operation and List of Features:
Design of the Vindum VP-Series Metering Pumps
- Dual-piston pump metering pump with continuous pulse-free fluid flow
- Patented constant-volume valves eliminate pulses at switchover
- On-board computer provides millisecond motor control
- 0.1 psi servo control ensures highest accuracy pressure control
- Ball-screw drives for accuracy & low maintenance
- Zero-hysteresis gear drive system
- High-accuracy transducers (0.1% error)
- Valves, transducers, and safety burst discs mounted directly on cylinders
- USB and RS232 connectivity
- 110-240V / 50-60Hz power supply
Features of the Vindum VP-Series Metering Pumps
- VPware app (included with pump) is feature-laden & user-friendly
- 13 pump modes: set pressure or rate, fluid deliver, receive, or bi-directional
- Many pump control options: LabVIEW, Fieldbus & Industrial Ethernet networks
- Smallest footprint continuous-flow pump: much smaller than most single cylinder pumps!
- Modular design for easy maintenance. Top section can be removed as one piece, with fluid inside, for easy cleaning
- Hastelloy wetted parts (optional) for use with corrosive fluids
- High-Temp. models are insertable into air bath to 320°F (160°C)
- Integrated emergency stop circuit
- 2-Year Warranty protection
Specifications for Vindum Pump models are shown in the table below. Click here to Download the PDF Document.
VP-Series High-Temperature Pumps
For experiments that require elevated temperatures (or precise temperature control) and high pressure, Vindum Engineering proudly offers high-temperature models of the VP-Series pumps (VP-3K, VP-6k, and VP-12K). These pumps are configured for top portion of the pump (cylinders and valves) to be inserted into an air bath/oven and operated at up to 160°C (320°F). To achieve this, the pump body has been extended and all temperature-sensitive elements (e.g., transducers and solenoids ) are outside the oven wall, while all the wetted parts are inside the oven. The pump can be operated in either a horizontal or vertical position. With compact dimensions, 26”(H) X 9”(W) X 10”(D), the high-temperature models help retain precious oven space for other equipment.
High-Temperature Models Feature:
- Special seals and pistons ensure durable operation to 160°C (320°F)
- Sensitive electrical components are outside oven for durability
- Compact dimensions use little oven space (26”H X 9”W X 10”D)
- Pump can be operated either horizontally or vertically inside oven
- Available in 3,500psi, 6,500psi, and 12,000psi models (SS or HC wetted parts)
- Same performance as standard VP-Series models
- Warranties for 2-years (manufacturing defects)
VPware is a PC-based software application, developed by Vindum Engineering, to operate the VP-Series pumps. It is included (free) with the purchase of any VP-Series pump. VPware is the most advanced pump-control software of its kind. It has an intuitive interface that is friendly to new pump users while offering capabilities to meet the demands of experienced operators. The combination of VPware and VP-Series pumps delivers excellent performance, extensive features, and ease-of-operation to meet any user’s requirements. We are also happy to add new features based on customer’s needs.
VPware: Loaded with features
- Thirteen Pump Modes, , including pulse-free constant-pressure or constant-rate modes (deliver, receive, or bi-directional). Delta-Pressure and Recirculation (for core flood experiments) are also available.
- Volume or Time Dispense: : Precise pumping by fluid volume or time.
- Ramping Sequences: Build multi-step ramp sequences (ie, change pressure or rate as function of time or volume pumped) are easy to build and use.
- Auto-Prime Feature: Automatically fills pump with fluid and verifies that residual air is eliminated from cylinders.
- Pressure or Rate Following: Pump #2 follows rate or pressure of Pump #1, either as percentage or differential. Run ramping sequence on Pump #1 and Pump #2 will track its rate or pressure path automatically.
- Pump Group (Rate modes): Multiple pumps operate together to deliver/receive a combined fluid rate, with individual pump rates set as percentage or proportion of the total rate, or individual values.
- Data acquisition module: External device with analog inputs and digital controls.
VPware: Informative & Intuitive
- Intuitive pump configuration, operation, and status screens.
- Graphs that are easy to create, save, and view in real-time.
- Data log any/all pump parameters at up to 50 milliseconds intervals.
- Create pump schedules (rate or pressure) quickly and easily.
- Informative warning and error messages provide guidance and feedback.
- Error analysis records pump commands and data for easy troubleshooting.
- Control 16 pump simultaneously or run multiple VPware sessions concurrently.
Shown below are examples of the VPWare Main Screen, the Pump Configuration Screen, and the Pump Status Screen:
There are several control system options available for the VP-Series pumps. These are summarized in the table below. If you have any questions or need another control method, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The hardware-level control format for VP-Series pumps is serial/binary (non-ASCII) with cyclic redundancy check (CRC), using byte string command-response protocol. All communications from the pump are in the form of responses to commands; the pump does not send any unsolicited messages. This communication format has been adopted because of the efficiency/speed that it offers compared to other forms of communication (e.g., ASCII). A .NET DLL (Dynamically Linked Library) is layered over the serial code to provide software developers with a simple PC-based API (Application Programming Interface) for pump control. VPware and the VPware LabVIEW Driver use this DLL. Beyond PC-based controls, the pumps also have an additional port that provides limited analog/digital pump control. For pump control with Fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet systems, we offer configuration for HMS Anybus® Communicator™, a protocol converter device that enables our pumps to be used in all major Fieldbus/IE systems.
Vindum Engineering offers a “loaner pump” program, which gives prospective customers the opportunity to try a VP-Series pump in their facility for a period of time (typically 4-8 weeks). If interested, please fill out the form below with your information.
While we cannot accommodate every loaner pump request or commit to having a loaner pump available at all times, we are committed to offering new customers the opportunity to work with our pumps so that they can experience their performance first-hand.
Privacy: We value your privacy and will not share your information with any third parties